Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Break.....

My baby girl and me today.
Spring Break has been like a breath of fresh air. Totally what I needed. My wonderful Mom took my oldest two kiddos home with her for about 4 days, that was great. I love them dearly, but sometimes momma needs a break! Tonight I am taking my oldest daughter Alexa to the movie "Soul Surfer", and dinner. I love getting out and having alone time with my kids. I know they need it more than I do. On another note Shawn has 3 radiation treatments left! I am so glad he will not have to go through this anymore. He has hardly been able to eat or drink anything. He has lost 16 lbs. in a very short period of time. I am sure he will be losing more weight over the next few weeks as well. The radiation has caused two very big lesions to come up on the sides of his tongue, making it very hard to eat. It is like having a canker sore times 10. The doctor said it could take up to 3 weeks for these to heal after his last radiation treatment, so please keep praying for a quick recovery for him. After this we are hoping to get our lives back to a new normal. We are looking forward to that.

Alana :)

No comments: